Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Time to make a quilt, quilt it, that is, lol!...

Not sure why, but I am in the mood to machine quilt a quilt top. Good idea really, since I have lots to choose from! Decided on one I did in sections, a keeper, for our queen size bed! We recently found this neat Dragonfly free motion quilting template at Joann's & I think that helped inspire me, since I am dying to give it a try, lol! Even went back & bought another simialar, with roses in it! Now I have some new toys to play with & try out! This one is asian prints, mostly florals, & I added a few batiks to it! The blocks are Drunkards Path, which I love, & I have six separate sections to quilt, then stitch together, & add a border to. I got the first one all sandwiched & pin basted & ready to quilt! I used PressNSeal to trace the stencil on, & can peel it off once I am done stitching... This first section is like a test run, then I will go from there! Here are a couple of pics of sections of this quilt, to give you an idea of what I am building! .... Now, another part of my quilting journey can begin, & I will post a pic when I finish this first section, wish me luck & stay tuned!...




No comments: