Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Once again it's been awhile, but I am back, quilting again, & new pics to share! Looks like I am doing this okay, so will proceed from here! ...
Today is the first day of summer & the heat is arriving here to beautiful western NC. Thank goodness for a/c! 
Quilting is my sanity, so it's nice to be busy creating once again! 
Now for some pics! 
This first one is a block from the Farmers Wife Sampler book. I tried to do this one using a bit different method & I love how it turned out! It's called Flip-Flop paper piecing, from a book with the same name. You paper piece your block all in one piece! Starting in the center & working out! None of those bulky seams from adding your pp sections together! I am posting a pic of the front, finished block, & the back, with the paper block still attached. You can be sure I will be doing more blocks this way, love it! What do you think???

 

No comments: